• Advertisement

Kohler parts experts??

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Kohler parts experts??

Postby BLES » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:53 am

Neighbor has a "Kohler Command 25" (on air cleaner housing) that is missing the tag with model, spec, etc.. I believe it is a CH7_ _ series (later than the CH25).
It chewed up the stator with the flywheel magnets, so needs a new flywheel and stator. How do I know which part numbers??
Stator "looks" like a 28-085-02. 24-025-58 appears to be a flywheel for that setup.

24-085-01 stator and 24-025-03 also appear to be for these engines, albeit maybe an older style.?

Anyone know how to determine if these are the correct parts before I order them? At these prices, I want to be sure they're correct!

Thanks.
BLES
BLES
Guide

Advertisement

Re: Kohler parts experts??

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:31 am

A picture of the intake setup might help on determining if it is a CH25, CH742 or CH750 as the CH25 was a single barrel setup and the CH 742 and CH750 is a twin barrel setup if I am correct.

Also the make and model of the equipment would narrow it down a little further.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby BLES » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:03 am

It is a stand-alone engine that was installed on a grain auger after the fact. It is not a factory-installed engine, so make/model on equipment is no help.

It has the single carb so maybe it is a CH25. It also has the standard round air filter in the round vertical canister.

Problem is still in determining stator and flywheel....

BLES
BLES
Guide

Postby BLES » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:55 am

So he also has another CH25 for parts, but it is also missing the tag. It's definitely an older style, but the flywheel and stator appear to be exact in dimensions/fit. The casting/shape of the flywheels is slightly different, but not anywhere that relates to mounting, etc., only in looks. Stator "looks" exact and has same wiring, but uses the older style regulator.

Is there any chance this will work? My other option is to go to the Kohler warehouse tomorrow and visually pick the "right" parts, which are very expensive.

Lesson in all of this is to record model/spec/serial numbers whenever you buy a piece of equipment, for future reference.

BLES
BLES
Guide

Postby BLES » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:36 pm

I'll answer my own question now. ... :D

These flywheels are not interchangeable because the keyway is in a different position. Parts physically fit, but ignition timing would be messed up. Not sure if it would have proper charging output either.? All the stators I've seen look the same, but I know these engines had various amp output. Hmmm.?

BLES
BLES
Guide

Return to Technical Discussion Forum