• Advertisement

Kolher 2086395S Carburetor

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Kolher 2086395S Carburetor

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:48 am

Just some notes on a Kohler SV620 (Courage 22) carburetor. See attach images.

The original Carburetor that I am replacing due bad fuel bowl. No replacement listed.
ImageImage

Latest version I received. Manufactured in India according to box label

Looks like Kohler has started down the sloppy workmanship path too. This the second replacement carb as the first had a broken throttle shaft linkage plate which to have left the factory in that condition.

Image showing the missing bushing.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Kolher 2086395S Carburetor

Postby aj-allen » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:40 am

You could use Tecumseh bushing 36288 OD 3/16 for the missing bushing.

AJ
aj-allen
Forum Regular

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:23 am

Thanks for the tip. The problem I got is I got to install this carburetor today due being sent a broken one in the first place. Plus the bushing should have been included since was a complete replacement kit and the previous carburetor had the bushing to start with. I already two weeks into this replacement and If special order the Tec bushing it will throw me another 1-2 weeks behind.

Edit: Won't work without the bushing linkage hanging on the tension spring. I have a call into OPE engines about what to do.

Still think Kohler has goof here just superseded the carburetor without verifying everything that needed for the superseding was included.

Here is what was problem with the first replacement carburetor. No damage to its box or the shipping carton.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:24 am

Oh here is a nice liability issue with the carburetor replacement kit...Can we say a potential fire hazard especially around gasoline.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:15 pm

speaking of fires I just hauled home remains of my neighbour's white zero-turn. She had finished cutting grass on hottest day of last summer and parked it. Shortly after she saw the smoke. Didn't have an extinguisher and although it was parked beside a pool wasn't able to water it. Pretty much gone when volunteer fireman got there. maybe grass but she had also supposedly had an oil leak repaired. It's the tecumseh V twin. I'm wondering if the governor inside would have survived. I have the exact engine but it's seized. Trying to resist anything but removing a few parts
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:15 pm

Did it look as bad as this duct tape fuel line one?
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:00 am

Finally resolution. The SV620-3215 I was working is repaired. I ended up having the reuse the old throttle shaft. It is apparent that Kohler has made a change to a carburetor that now requires a separate bushing where as before it was a factory installed permanent bushing. None of the local dealer even have the new bushing in stock locally so I have ordered 10 of them for in house. PN is in the IPL under engine controls. Also note that tension spring on the governor link is shown with PN in the explored image but not listed the parts list.

It was would have been nice for Kohler to note this instead of the techs getting delayed because having order additional part to replace one that was previous permamently installed but now is separate or at included what probably cost then less .10 to make.

Anyways the project is done other than waiting for the RTV to cure on the valve cover.Engine running rich at idle but no way to adjust with the carburetor tools I currently have.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:58 pm

Well guys Kohler said that the fuel bowl is not available this carburetor separately. Bull... I just got in two replacement bowls using Briggs PN 694908 which comes with a new bowl gasket and bowl screw.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Re: Courage 18 wiring

Postby 38racing » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:17 pm

a friend had an expensive 4 wheel honda unit. kept cutting out. non Honda shop could not figure out how to fix it. he took it to Honda dealer who finally got. in a previous repair it needed carb bowl. rather than ordering one he pulled one off another engine. i guess that it was close but not close enough to allow float to operate.
38racing
Forum Pro

Re: Courage 18 wiring

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:36 am

38racing wrote:a friend had an expensive 4 wheel honda unit. kept cutting out. non Honda shop could not figure out how to fix it. he took it to Honda dealer who finally got. in a previous repair it needed carb bowl. rather than ordering one he pulled one off another engine. i guess that it was close but not close enough to allow float to operate.

Ah that like the Kohler Nikki carburetor I recently due the fact Kohler didn't the fuel bowl separately. The one I tried fit but did have a slightly smaller ID diameter as it was from a Walbro carburetor and the float would hang at times. I have since sourced the correct bowl so I no longer need to replace the whole carburetor just because a hole is in the fuel bowl. I rather change a $25 bowl than a $100 carburetor.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Next

Return to Technical Discussion Forum