• Advertisement

no crank

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

no crank

Postby 38racing » Thu May 10, 2018 12:13 pm

father of friend in my other thread. rider needed boost on first spring use. after cutting no crank on a restart. I made quick check on my way shopping . battery bit low at 12.2 but passed load test.solenoid clicked. when it clicks voltage drops to zero. he said positive terminal covered in yellow liquid. terminal eaten away. he had stripped cable and had it bolted to terminal. just low voltage problem or connections or both? bad connection could explain low voltage after cutting for awhile.
38racing
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: no crank

Postby 38racing » Thu May 10, 2018 4:13 pm

he says it started with a boost again.
38racing
Forum Pro

Re: no crank

Postby KE4AVB » Thu May 10, 2018 6:56 pm

First thing is to make all connection are good.

Second does this unit have an electric pto. If so it might be partially shorted and drawing excessive current during operation. I had an old JD F525 that would run fine until shutdown after 30 minutes of use and then it would not start until the battery recovered. Shorted just enough to be a slow drain on the battery as the stator couldn't keep up with the demand.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum