• Advertisement

I can be my worst enemy

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

I can be my worst enemy

Postby hanz63 » Sun May 13, 2018 1:53 pm

I could have titled it " How to make a Vanguard Horizontal twin pop under load" For all those that wanted to do so. The engine is on chipper with what could be called a less than stellar carburetor. The ones that sit out under the leanto all their life and kind of corroded away? A month ago I pulled the top and gave it a good thrashing. It ran up good. Added a foot and a half of line to the bowl vent. Maybe it would help deal with the moist storage conditions. Runs good and strong, until it is really working than starts to stumble and pop. Put in a couple ounces of Wonder Clean and ran it until lunch with no improvement. It started to gel that I had added that line and Maybe, just maybe. .. Yep, pulled the line off and that did the trick.
It almost rivals the time I had no 4WD on my old Cherokee on a steep logging road that I really needed it- after plugging this stray vacuum line that was hanging underneath... :roll:
hanz63
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Return to Technical Discussion Forum