• Advertisement

blade brake pads

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: blade brake pads

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:51 pm

Learning..... ;)
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Arkie » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:22 am

38racing wrote:for the pads on the metal arms that press on top of deck pulley I did just make a pair. for first one I cut to size before drilling and ended up drilling countersink hole for bolt head close to pad edge and it cracked. for second one I drilled first and then did the cutting.
forgot to say made from used car disc pad

This is type I indicated that I made using disc brake pads. I countersunk the pad to the metal backing and used 6/32 brass screws.

I have not made any of the type that are V'ed and brake the pully groove.

I'm keeping a eye out for something like hard rubber material for such, I have some old conveyor belting that I might can use for such. Too hard of a material here can ruin the pulley grooves fast, then belts.
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:00 am

Arkie wrote:
38racing wrote:for the pads on the metal arms that press on top of deck pulley I did just make a pair. for first one I cut to size before drilling and ended up drilling countersink hole for bolt head close to pad edge and it cracked. for second one I drilled first and then did the cutting.
forgot to say made from used car disc pad

This is type I indicated that I made using disc brake pads. I countersunk the pad to the metal backing and used 6/32 brass screws.

I have not made any of the type that are V'ed and brake the pully groove.

I'm keeping a eye out for something like hard rubber material for such, I have some old conveyor belting that I might can use for such. Too hard of a material here can ruin the pulley grooves fast, then belts.

I have hard rubber blocks from leaf spring area that I removed from my pickup truck when I installed extra weight carrying ones. I keep meaning to pull them out to see how they compare to the rubber on the mower brakes
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby Arkie » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:22 am

I have a big box of that type rubber mounts stuff also, motor mounts and old overload bumpers, etc.

I've sawed and ground on that type of hard rubber stuff before also, nasty work.

Winter project
Thanks for the idea
Arkie
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum