• Advertisement

Shindaiwa T344

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Shindaiwa T344

Postby KE4AVB » Sat May 19, 2018 12:37 pm

Here one for you guys that I am drawing a blank on. It is a Shindaiwa hybrid 4 cycle Brushcutter.

I can't get pass 50% throttle without it dying. I manage 6K max

Rebuild carburetor and replaced fuel filter. Adjusted the valves as they where way out adjustment on the order +.020" when it should .004". What I an see of the cylinder without disassembly it looks good

About the only thing I can I think of is a possible coil failure.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Shindaiwa T344

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:30 pm

Well still working on this one. I now got it down to dying at wide throttle like the fuel is just turned off. Using it at 3/4 throttle it runs fine. I currently having a seal for the flywheel side as it is special seal the hold the bearing in. There was sewing thread wrap around the crankshaft and I am thinking that I am losing vacuum at full throttle causing the fuel to quit working.

When it starts to die if back off the throttle 3/4 it picks back up; otherwise, if I hold the throttle WOT it just completely dies.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:49 pm

Yup sounds like an air/vacuum leak to me. I assume you have been through carburetor,checking metering lever setting, correct diaphragms (aftermarket ones can have the wrong metering diaphragm button thickness) and I would think you would have done a crankcase pressure/vacuum test?
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:11 pm

I would have done the pressure/vac test but the muffler bolts are seized in the cylinder head so there was no way to seal it off. Replacement of the reed valves help but didn't cure the problem. And yes I have been through the carb. And the way I feel today I drug myself through it. I it was the Kawasaki read knuckle that is what got me yesterday; 95F with 40% humidity. Darn steel bushings that had to be hand driven out though I figured out a way to do them on the press next time with a tool that have from HFT. Just got find myself an 1-1/8 ID arbor.

As for the carburetor kits I use OEM kits per the carburetor OEM IPL lookups.. Be it Zama or Walbro. I don't do many Ruixings but I did run across a Hualong this Spring.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby RoyM » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:57 pm

Does it have a spark arrestor that might be plugged?
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:33 pm

Done checked it. This unit actually produces full rpms at 3/4 throttle just acts as if I losing all vacuum when I open the throttle wide open. I got to order the seal for the Flywheel side as has a retaining lip to hold the bearing in. I didn't know that when I ordered the replacement seals so I got another week+ of waiting for parts again.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:26 pm

Repaired...Finally. Hopefully I don't see another C4 with this many problems for a while.

Multiple things were wrong with it. So nit-picking machine. I got over 4 hours of labor in it and $75 in parts.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum