• Advertisement

Need Walbro WYL kit

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Need Walbro WYL kit

Postby andytw » Tue May 29, 2018 10:09 am

Hi,

Makita BHX2501 blower has a Walbro carb and a bit of a stutter when moved about.
Decided to strip down for a clean and the first gasket has broken so need a kit, fine happy with that.

The carb is marked 'WYL' and also "218A 206" and there is also a single stamping of '8'. That is all of the markings.

I see plenty of WYL kits available but they have prefixes e.g. D11-WYL and K20-WYL
Are these just later versions of the same thing ??

andytw
andytw

Advertisement

Re: Need Walbro WYL kit

Postby bgsengine » Tue May 29, 2018 10:25 am

https://walbro.force.com/parts/comm_par ... 00V5CtJEAV

Carburetor kits are noted as Kxx for repair kits (where the XX is a variation of the kit, different gaskets, etc) , Dxx for diaphragm kits
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Tue May 29, 2018 10:31 am

andytw wrote:Makita BHX2501 blower has a Walbro carb and a bit of a stutter when moved about.

For me that usually means a crankcase air leak usually crankshaft seals or crank sealing areas; though, last Stihl blower it was a hole in the fuel line. Doing a pressure/vac test set would not hurt.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Tue May 29, 2018 10:35 am

KE4AVB wrote:
andytw wrote:Makita BHX2501 blower has a Walbro carb and a bit of a stutter when moved about.

For me that usually means a crankcase air leak usually crankshaft seals or crank sealing areas; though, last Stihl blower it was a hole in the fuel line. Doing a pressure/vac test set would not hurt.

BHX2501 is a MM4 4-stroke engine , but might could be a vacuum line , but it may be a valve adjustment needed
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Tue May 29, 2018 11:25 am

Ahhh, A full 4 cycle and not hybrid. I see where I am wrong then. Forgive me I still getting used to the hand helded 4 cycles. Some are proving to be junk though like the Troybilts.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby andytw » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:10 am

All back together, seems to be OK. Just to confirm, please, this carb has NO adjustments. I checked in the top of the throttle body and there is no screw so I think that's it...NOTHING ??
Noticed there is a silver 'vane' in the air filter body which has a couple of hoses connected back to the engine. Crankcase ventilation ???

andytw
andytw

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:05 pm

Maybe this will explain things.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby andytw » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:03 am

Hi,

Thanks. Looks like mine is 'newer' rather than 'older' as per :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3885gJApks

No plug and no slotted adjustment....just a filled hole.

andytw
andytw

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:42 am

Andy I haven't seen WYL with the plug shown in the video here, just the tiny 2.5 mm ID black plugs which requires an extractor to remove. Plus several of them had the mini single D adjustment screw and one with mini Pac Man version.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum