• Advertisement

Courage 18 wiring

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Courage 18 wiring

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:17 am

What it comes down to is that somewhere along the line someone modified the DC+ lead at the regulator to add an additional output lead. This is something that can be easily done as long you have the proper crimping tool and terminal.

All us probably have seen wiring harness mods though most are probably hacked wiring using just any color wire that is they have access to. I recently straighten out a Command that there four color wires on the same lead with the wires simply twist together and clear packaging tape. No wonder things shorted out.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:19 am

I was just wondering if there is a connector that is female , to go on a male connector, that has a male spade to attach an additional female lead.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby bobodu » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:13 am

38racing wrote:I was just wondering if there is a connector that is female , to go on a male connector, that has a male spade to attach an additional female lead.

How many genders do we need?? :?
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:01 am

That is like having too many Butt connectors. What a mess. :lol:

Seriously that more separate connectors you have, the more you're inviting problems. I worked one mower last year that had six butt connectors in a 18" lead and most of them were poorly crimped. Replaced the lead with one that only had two properly crimped terminals and the intermittent problem went away.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum