• Advertisement

Seat switch connector.

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Seat switch connector.

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:00 am

Any idea who makes the connector for the 4 terminal Delta switch in the below image. Seems so stupid to replace the whole wiring harness just because some shade tree cut it off and trashed it before bring the mower in. Besides I rather have them on hand before I need them. Anyway hopefully someone will bring in a mower with connector still on it so can see if see I can find any markings on it.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Seat switch connector.

Postby aj-allen » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:57 pm

I found one on a Husqvarna tractor only thing stamped into it is 8ED part of part number 532194276 rear wire harness. Repairclinic has a good picture.
aj-allen
Forum Regular

Postby madmantrapper » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:06 pm

Use female spades and hook it up.
madmantrapper
Guide

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:27 pm

I found what I looking for as far as the PN. Now to find where to get the 2P housing with shorting is the problem now. Currently only one manufacture. The terminals themselves are easy to get as they are 280 Metri-pack versions.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:30 am

Since I would need to buy a 1000 units plus 4000 terminals I got a question. Which would the tech prefer to do; take 30 minutes changing out the $25+ wiring harness or take 10 minutes change the connector? Now of course the tech would need a pair of wire cutters, the open barrel crimper, and a short jumper wire.

If I do order these it will take 12 weeks to even get the housings in as that is the lead time from the factory then I would need to sell them on eBay. They would most likely be listed for $10 including shipping with four 20-18 ga or four 16-14 ga terminals.

Just trying to decide if I want to commit to making this business decision or not. I know it would be simpler for the tech to do this change out but they are willing to do this?

Personally I did buy some of the other connectors plus housings and they are saving me time, money, and provide professional results. Matter of fact I just did a field repair of the wiring on a JD 830A replacing the fuel solenoid connector and bypassing the on board ECU unit as its fuel solenoid control circuit failed; otherwise I would had to install a new wiring harness on the engine and replace the ECU. Parts costs for was under $5 plus my on-site labor charge for finding and resolving the problem.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum