• Advertisement

New Briggs Numbers

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

New Briggs Numbers

Postby dennis » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:23 am

I am used to finding IPLs, specs, etc. by using model, type, and code numbers on Briggs and Stratton engines. Some of these newer engines seem to have a different numbering system that doesn't work on the Briggs site. I am trying to find out some basic info (spark plug type, gap, valve clearance) for an engine that says...625EX Series 150cc. The only other number is on a sticker on the side of the engine, and it says 140924 58 85246. Any help on how to look up info for this and similar engines would be appreciated.
dennis
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: New Briggs Numbers

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:44 am

If you have access to the Briggs Power Portal remove the spaces and enter is as a serial number. Otherwise is a 093J02-0021-F1. This also should work on the other Briggs site but haven't tried it.

Also note some engine also have 2D barcode that can scanned and read by decoding software.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby dennis » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:10 am

Thanks, KE4AVB. I don't have access to the portal. Is there any way I can equate the serial number to the model number and type numbers in the future?
dennis
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:17 am

dennis wrote:I am used to finding IPLs, specs, etc. by using model, type, and code numbers on Briggs and Stratton engines. Some of these newer engines seem to have a different numbering system that doesn't work on the Briggs site. I am trying to find out some basic info (spark plug type, gap, valve clearance) for an engine that says...625EX Series 150cc. The only other number is on a sticker on the side of the engine, and it says 140924 58 85246. Any help on how to look up info for this and similar engines would be appreciated.

Those engines - new OHV lawnmower engines -Model, spec and DOM are stamped in the side of the block on the muffler side, Date code is also the serial number (which you found on that label) Serial number is what KE4 used to look up the model and type.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:20 am

And I hate those dotted numbers...
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby kyfarmer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:46 am

The dots have been replaced by a laser etch
kyfarmer

Return to Technical Discussion Forum