• Advertisement

Re-installation of mowing deck?

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re-installation of mowing deck?

Postby dart451 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:07 pm

Have a Craftsman tractor, #917.272244 that I've been working on. Owner says it was given to him and it's been sitting for several years. The deck wasn't on the tractor when I picked it up and he was told the previous owner didn't use it. Well, they used it a lot! Blades were worn down to hardly anything! Anyway, it came with an attachment bar that looks like it's been used which is pretty common for attaching the front of the deck to the tractor. However, if you look at the diagram for 917.272244, it doesn't show this bracket at all! It only shows the front roller shown in the picture. So, can I assume this can be placed back under the tractor without the mentioned bracket seeing as the diagram doesn't even show it? Thanks!

The reason I even posted this was...its missing one of the pins on the left side to hold this bracket in place but when I looked at the diagram, it shows no bracket and no pins...
dart451
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Re-installation of mowing deck?

Postby hanz63 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:26 pm

The parts are likely in a different part of the listing like the lift or something. The front bracket is attached with 2 clevis pins - inserting the clip in between the inside of the deck bracket and the bracket.
hanz63
Forum Pro

Re: Re-installation of mowing deck?

Postby dart451 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:59 pm

You are correct! Thank you so much for your response!
dart451
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum