• Advertisement

Husqvarna exiting the low end consumer market

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Husqvarna exiting the low end consumer market

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:11 am

Now back to the subject at hand.

It appears the industry is headed down the path of becoming near monopoly by MTD and TTI when it comes to consumer end of the lawn care equipment. Of course on the commercial front we got OEMs like John Deere that think just because you own one their ZTR's you should pay more for the parts. I just recently needed a couple idlers for a 830A last year they were $45 ea, this month the same idlers are now $85 ea. The comment from parts counter was if you can afford a 830a then you can afford to replace the idlers at their price. Luckily I found an aftermarket supplier (probably their source for this particular idler pulley) that shipped me a pair for $31 ea + $6 SHC
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:32 am

Well I asked Husqvarna directly about this and here is their response:

There's a bit of miscommunication in the wording. It's not Husqvarna. It's Husqvarna Group in North America that is existing the low-end market. Husqvarna brand will still be a player and we're working to drive better quality even in the lower end mass consumer market. And of course we will still support parts to existing lineups. Hope that clarifies a few things.

So I am still wondering just what will happen...
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:00 pm

Husqvarna Group = formerly Poulan/Weedeater/AYP

As opposed to Husqvarna with their own higher-end commercial stuff (big-ticket ZTR's, Handhelds, etc)

Not a hell of a lot of clarification unless people paid closer attention to the manufacturing labels and owner's manuals (Husqvarna Group vs Husqvarna AB)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:47 pm

That what I was thinking myself it is as clear as mud. Only time will tell where things settle.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum