• Advertisement

Voltage drop in secondary starting circuit

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Voltage drop in secondary starting circuit

Postby Mr Mower Man » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:30 pm

So I wired in the relay and it works like a charm!!! :D

Thanks for the help guys!
Mr Mower Man
Forum Pro

Postby plotthound » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:07 pm

hello,i realize that this thread is a couple years old but i gotta add relay to my kohler aegis engine.i have one question though,should the power wire from the starter to the relay be fused?with maybe a 25 or 30 amp fuse??? thanks
plotthound
Guide

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:46 am

One of the diagrams of such a relay setup I have here in my Kohler files does shows a 30 amp fuse but I think the size is oversized quite a bit. I would prefer a size a lot closer to starter current draw but that's just the electronics engineer in me. Any fuse is better than none but that again the experience engineer in me speaking. I also have never did a current draw test on the solenoid shift starter solenoid so I have no idea of the current draw of it.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby plotthound » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:09 pm

i got my relay all wired up this morning and fused it with a 25 amp fuse.no more click click crank.it now cranks everytime I turn the key.its not a good feeling when you are miles from nowhere in the argo and the starter goes click,click when you attempt a start.

thanks guys
plotthound
Guide

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum