• Advertisement

Cub Cadet wont crank

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Cub Cadet wont crank

Postby Back » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:43 pm

H All

It has been a long time but I an Back:) I have a Cub Cadet T2518- 44 I think. The model is 13B-288l100 that I am sure of. It was my late fathers. It is a 2002 my father bought it new. It only has 103 hours on it. I have had it running and have mowed with it. It will click but not crank. If I jumper the solenoid the starter just spins.

Could someone give me a link for the correct wiring diagram? I have to go look when I get home but I think the starter is one of those "sliders" but not sure. I know a lot of those engines has a relay that can cause this problem but I havent seen one and the print I have doesnt show one. I am hoping it is just a bad solenoid.

Thanks in advance.

Shawn
Back

Advertisement

Re: Cub Cadet wont crank

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:06 pm

The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:43 pm

You could start by having the battery load tested.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby Back » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:42 pm

Hi All

Thanks for the link. The battery is good it will start my other mower. I now know that there is a relay in this mower. I have been reading this thread and I think it will help me a lot.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2879

If I am lucky I will be home and do the trouble shooting on Saturday

Thanks
Shawn
Back

Return to Technical Discussion Forum