• Advertisement

Honda M/N

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Honda M/N

Postby dunoon2 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:14 pm

I'm working on a 20hp Honda on a Hustler ZT I can't find the M/N for the engine where is it located? I'm sure it's a GXV but, I need the right #'s so I can order the proper ing. coil. Thanks
Rich Davis
3-m's
Mobile Mower Maintenance Service
dunoon2
Forum Regular

Advertisement

Re: Honda M/N

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:42 pm

What is the model number of the ZTR? That be a starting point as it might point me as to which base Honda engine it is.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:49 pm

if you can find the full serial number that is engraved or etched in the block (typically starter side) , can determine the rest from that info.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby Skywatcher » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:46 am

Hi Dunoon

If memory serves me correctly, the model number on these vertical shaft V-twin Honda's is located on the block just below the #1 or the higher cylinder (closest to the flywheel). You have to get right down to bottom of cylinder level before you can see it, or use a mirror and read the numbers backwards. Hope this helps,

Sky
A person who sees Quality and feels it as he works is a person who cares.
A person who cares about what he sees and does is a person who's bound to have some characteristics of Quality.
Robert M. Pirsig. (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)
Skywatcher
Forum Pro

Location: Southern Alberta. Where the wheatlands meet the Range.

Return to Technical Discussion Forum