• Advertisement

B&S 6.0hp 128H02-0515-E1 ser.06081657, primer won't work!

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: B&S 6.0hp 128H02-0515-E1 ser.06081657, primer won't work

Postby hanz63 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:10 am

Just crazy. I see the plastic carbs too. Usually an easy quick fix. But certainly not an engineering wonder. I grab a few of each of these Quantum style carbs when I do stock order. This year they even looked counterfeit. A darker grey, but still had the emblem. Some of the new Intek singles the same way. I've seen the aftermarkets and that's why it's there because someones 12$ Amazon carb didn't pass muster. There are many times when I'll drop the bowl to clean rather than disturb the air box. If it needs parts , off it comes. I have good luck if the gasket is in reasonable condition to install a new gasket on the carb side along with the old . They tend to seal well that way. Tighten the screws in small increments until they prime good and nudge them a touch more.
hanz63
Forum Pro

Re: B&S 6.0hp 128H02-0515-E1 ser.06081657, primer won't work

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:10 am

I don't see many of the plastic carbs probably because not many around here even have a walk behind mowers. I did however work on one earlier this Summer where it had what appeared to soft jelly bean like beads in it clogging everything. I have no idea what additive in the fuel that caused this but I have seen twice so far. So far only cleaning have been needed on these plastic carbs.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum