• Advertisement

2 cycle gas mix colour

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

2 cycle gas mix colour

Postby 38racing » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:02 pm

My neighbour dropped off his daughter's mantis tiller. (I wasn't home). Apparently not running as he came by and asked my wife if I had it running yet. So I've checked it over and it started although it was with air cleaner housing off. Filter looked quite dirty so I cleaned it. Before test running it I emptied the full tankof fuel and replaced it with my stuff. Stuff in it was clear. My mix is always bluish. Will have to ask him if it was pure gas. Starts and runs but starts without choking. Will try after it sits a day to see about whether choking works or floods it.
38racing
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: 2 cycle gas mix colour

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:24 pm

Definitely need to ask as all fuel oils I have seen contain a dye so the operator knows they are using a mixed fuel. Here the two most common colors are blue and red. (Democrat or Republican those voters that want to show their color, just kidding here). I even seen a purple once but I think it was mix of the two colors

Being clear it could even be plain water and yes I have seen a couple cases where the youngster tries to help Daddy or Mommy by filling up the fuel tank with the garden hose. Didn't run very well at all. :lol:
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum