• Advertisement

Screw torque question

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Screw torque question

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:34 am

I know I should this but I going to ask anyways. What should max torque setting be when installing for the first time 3/8-16 Trilobular screws into aluminum? I looking at about 11 ft-lbs I think.

I have to rebuild the engine plate on a Huskee and the 4P90 is needing a new crankcase (oil pan) because the bolt had seized from being loose and engine constantly enlarge the engine plate holes. Definitely doubling the plate thickness.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Screw torque question

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:52 pm

Info no longer needed. I found what I needing in house in one my JD SM and boy was I off....Since it is now the weekend the project will wait until Monday before I get it done.

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother to ask for help. I could have got this done today if I had the info. At least I got the muffler welded.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum