• Advertisement

Demagnetized magneto magnet

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Demagnetized magneto magnet

Postby 38racing » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:38 pm

I'm now looking at resurrection of the tvt691 tecumseh vtwin that was burned on the white zt50. When I was chipping the fan remains from the flywheel I happened to discover that one of the magneto magnets is no longer magnetic. Not sure if that was a result of the fire. The magnet is held by a removable torx head screw. It looks like the the same magnet is used on the 13 hp engine so I have a replacement. A bunch of googling and I have not found a separate part number for it.
38racing
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Demagnetized magneto magnet

Postby RoyM » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:57 pm

I wonder if it is supposed to be magnetic or is just there for balance. At any rate it won't be available as a service part, find another flywheel.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:47 pm

Supposed to be magnet. Two side by side. Balance on opposite side. I have a replacement flywheel but to save pulling this one I'm taking magnet off a 13 hp one I have. Hopefully I won't need that flywheel soon.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:58 pm

turns out that the removable pieces are just steel curved spacers. Magnet is flat bar behind it.
38racing
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum