• Advertisement

stihl leaf blower troubles

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: stihl leaf blower troubles

Postby Skywatcher » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:10 pm

Hi Plott

What I have also seen on these cube carburetors is the pump diaphragm not creating a perfect seal around the pulse port, so fuel gets sucked directly into the crankcase from the pump chamber. This will cause an over rich running condition with lots of smoke until the engine dies. I have taken to applying a trace of Loctite® or Permatex® flange sealant around the pulse port under the diaphragm being very careful to not let any sealant get close to the flapper valve of the pump diaphragm. Hope this gives you another avenue to explore. All the best,

Sky
A person who sees Quality and feels it as he works is a person who cares.
A person who cares about what he sees and does is a person who's bound to have some characteristics of Quality.
Robert M. Pirsig. (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)
Skywatcher
Forum Pro

Location: Southern Alberta. Where the wheatlands meet the Range.

Postby plotthound » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:31 pm

I put a new properly gapped plug in it but same old crap.skywatcher I can try your suggestion and see what happens.in the mean time I ordered a cheapo carb off of ebay,will see what happens.
plotthound
Guide

Postby plotthound » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:49 pm

update:i ordered a new carb off of ebay and that solved the problem.runs great now,easy $25.00 fix. :mrgreen:
plotthound
Guide

Postby bobodu » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:05 am

Bought a Stihl 025saw off ebay YEARS ago used and could never get it to run . Decided to go with a new ebay carb. $15 for the carb, all new fuel and oil lines, fuel and oil pickups,gaskets,air filter and spark plug !!! Runs great now.
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum