• Advertisement

those annoying ipl errors

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

those annoying ipl errors

Postby 38racing » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:11 pm

I am doing a 632107 tecumseh carb on a snowblower. It has main and idle mixture adjustment needles .Each have an o-ring,washer and spring. On ipl idle washer is part 22 and main is 42 . However they both are 670739. That can't be right because main washer is too large to fit idle. Luckily I found the missing one in the ultrasonic cleaner basket after I started filing a larger one down but dropped it on tghe garage floor. Actually found it the next day. Not sure why the kits only supply one o-ring and the larger washer.
38racing
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: those annoying ipl errors

Postby bgsengine » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:52 pm

Actually I suspect you mean 630739 and the IPL is correct - both the idle (or in some cases, correctly, air mixture) and the main adjustment needles will use the same exact brass 630739 washer and 630740 o-ring seal (brass washer between the tension spring and the o-ring) .. entirely possible the carb you were working on had a "substituted" washer from somewhere else..
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:30 am

I am assuming you mean the OD of the washer. I have seen that a couple times here too but since I am working on obsolete carbs and knowing that many parts suppliers are just providing superseded parts. I need to modify parts too. Any Tecumseh are a rarity here. I am working on one here but it was a dry spell of 4 yrs since the last one.

Boy you're lucky to find not only the initial lose washer but the one you dropped on the floor. Here if it get dropped or goes flying I may never find them. Several years ago I had 1/4 dr 7/16 socket to roll off while I was under a mower. I thought I just pick it up after I got out from under the mower. I never found it, even after cleaning the shop to the bare floor and walls as I moved to a new shop. It appears we all have mini black holes appearing and disappearing in our shops. I now do my carburetor work on a rimmed pan just to keep things rolling off into that black hole. The pan is actually the top off my 25 gallon drum that I store feed in.

As for finding the first washer in the UC that why the UC I got without a strainer had one made for it. I have items that should not come loose to do so. I have found several none removable press in jets in the bottom of the drained tank. I think I going need a smaller mesh as I found a teeny tiny screw in my drain can the other day.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:03 am

bgsengine wrote:Actually I suspect you mean 630739 and the IPL is correct - both the idle (or in some cases, correctly, air mixture) and the main adjustment needles will use the same exact brass 630739 washer and 630740 o-ring seal (brass washer between the tension spring and the o-ring) .. entirely possible the carb you were working on had a "substituted" washer from somewhere else..

Yes it was 630....
IIRC the one in the kit was too large too fit in the idle port but fits the main.
38racing
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum