• Advertisement

Tecumseh v twin regulator

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Tecumseh v twin regulator

Postby 38racing » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:27 am

Looks like this.
https://www.milfordpower.com/611184-Gen ... 611184.htm
Wondering how it works. One yellow wire from stator goes on one tab. On the other tab the connector contains the other yellow wire from the stator and a red wire to the chassis connector. Does that red wire have DC on it right from it's connection or should I be looking for a diode down the line?
38racing
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Tecumseh v twin regulator

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:35 am

Don't have knowledge of the internal setup of this regulator but yes it is DC out on the red lead. This very similar to the setup that Kawasaki uses on their voltage regulators where two terminals of the three are electrical shorted together. It just that instead a three terminal Kawasaki connector the Tec uses just two with one having two wires. It should be noted which is the DC+ output side.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Re: Tecumseh v twin regulator

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:31 am

My train of thought is that they are using only half wave rectifier setup but I will need to some real life experiments and other research to come up how they actually convert from AC to DC via the rectifier/regulator.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum