• Advertisement

tecumseh v twin kill circuit

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

tecumseh v twin kill circuit

Postby 38racing » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:36 pm

I working on the fire burned unit again. The coils and kill circuit were burned up. I am putting coils on from a donor engine. I'll to brave a cold snowy wind to the shed to see if I have the wiring from the donor. It wasn't with my coils. Is there going to be diodes for each coil? There's no mention of the kill circuit in the service manual (no sequence for torquing sump bolts either)
38racing
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: tecumseh v twin kill circuit

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:49 am

I only got one customer with a Tec v-twin. Looking over the SM diagram of the coil circuit I would say you need a pair diodes like Briggs uses to prevent feedback.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:47 pm

I didn't see it in the manual. Will look again. Haven't made it to the shed yet. Cold spell here.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:20 pm

The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:24 pm

Ok, I found that picture. I assume that the diodes shown are internal to the function of the coil and don't represent the ones I need external.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:02 am

That is all I can go by too; therefore, without blocking diodes in the both of the connected coils they would affect each other operation by siphoning off the trigger charge to a point where the coils simply doesn't fire the plug across its spark gap. This is exactly what a pair Kohler coils with internal blocking diodes here was doing when their internal blocking diodes had shorted. An external diode harness worked but I still change the coils as I didn't how much other damage was done internally to the circuit components.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:21 pm

I actually have found the wire harness from both the burned and donor engines.
38racing
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum