• Advertisement

nikki carb on briggs 21 series

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

nikki carb on briggs 21 series

Postby 38racing » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:29 am

I pulled the engine from our dumpster. Made the mistake of putting it in the trunk of the car to bring home. may never be out of the doghouse with the wife. She doesn't like the smell of stale gas. At first I thought it was seized so was going to pull starter and other usable parts. Then I noticed oil flow from muffler. Pulled the plug and found it was just hydro locked so probably had flooded crankcase with fuel. I am at the point of cleaning carb. Looks nice and clean after USC . Bowl had a bit of crap. Based on the outpowerinfo site I conclude that the rubber tipped inlet needle seals to the hole in the plastic transfer tube, no replaceable seat. So when I assemble it the float points way down from level when inverted so it's not going to seal. I'm assuming that this is due to needle tip wear although it doesn't look that bad. I can get a kit for $10. Funny though a whole carb from china is only $25
38racing
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: nikki carb on briggs 21 series

Postby 38racing » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:09 pm

Just found a taryl video with one just like mine. He heated the plastic float tab to adjust it. His is level now. Worth a try. I'll bench test for leaks after.
38racing
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum