• Advertisement

In need of a Tecumseh O/S piston/ring set

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

In need of a Tecumseh O/S piston/ring set

Postby creia » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:20 pm

1972 HS40-55282B
I'm looking for an oversize piston/ring set (preferably .020", however, I believe even a .010" would do) either NOS or very good used condition. It looks like either Tecumseh parts #'s 34853, 35546, 32605B, or 35546. PM or email me directly if you have one to sell or a lead on one and we can discuss.
Thank you,
Michael :)
creia
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: In need of a Tecumseh O/S piston/ring set

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:21 am

I did see an used one on eBay during my search.

But NOS will nearly impossible as the original manufature has been gone for 10 yrs now. The lack of parts is what a H50 here earlier as it needed a .020 OS piston. Even the STD piston set is very high now.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby creia » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:07 am

Yes, I saw that one on eBay. I have sent some questions to the seller- still waiting for their reply. Being sold used w/o the box you run the risk of the piston being totally misrepresented as to the part number and compatibility for my use.
Michael
creia
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:12 pm

Found carbs on ebay where they give casting number for carb number.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:38 am

creia wrote:Yes, I saw that one on eBay. I have sent some questions to the seller- still waiting for their reply. Being sold used w/o the box you run the risk of the piston being totally misrepresented as to the part number and compatibility for my use.
Michael

Yes this is highly likely especially with used parts. I had enough problems with aftermarket parts in general to quit using them most times; just not worth the headaches. Besides with my cluster headaches I just don't need any help getting more of them. :roll:

For me it is the v-belts that have been giving me fits lately. I went on the limb again this to see if my supplier has resolve their problem from last Summer. Guess what, they haven't as they still sending out short belts. What worst was I order from different supplier and sent me the same brand of belts @ 2X the price.

What really irritates me is online vendors claiming aftermarket parts are OEM parts. I that done to me last last year where the spindles were the same aftermarket spindles that I had determined to defective. I returned them and got socked with a 30% restocking fee. I would have better off if I just fixed the problem with the spindles as I ended paying for them and the vendors probably just stuck someone else with them again.

We got to be really careful about buying parts lately as there are a lot bad actors out there.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Gerry » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:49 am

KE4AVB wrote:
creia wrote:For me it is the v-belts that have been giving me fits lately. I went on the limb again this to see if my supplier has resolve their problem from last Summer. Guess what, they haven't as they still sending out short belts. What worst was I order from different supplier and sent me the same brand of belts @ 2X the price.
We got to be really careful about buying parts lately as there are a lot bad actors out there.

Sorry that I'm going away from the piston topic but wanted to address the v-belts, I had the same problem last year expcially with AYP. Dunno if Stens have inproved or not but I got a message from them and here is part of it.

"NEW 2 Year Belt Warranty
At Stens we’re so confident in the quality of the Stens OEM Replacement Belts and TrueBlue Belts that as of April 1, 2019, they are covered with a full TWO YEAR warranty from time of end user purchase. This is TWICE the warranty cover of any other belt supplier!

Produced in a certified manufacturing facility, TrueBlue Belts are made for heavy-duty and extreme clutching applications. Every batch is size verified for dimensional accuracy, and double wrapped with a tough inner Aramid cord for strength and extended wear."

Not endorsing Stens as I have had problems with their belts also, but might be a step in the right direction. Guess time will tell.
Gerry
Guide

Postby creia » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:29 pm

UPDATE:
No longer in need as I have found one.
Michael :D
creia
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum