• Advertisement

Anyone got a Husqvarna HU775 mower?

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Anyone got a Husqvarna HU775 mower?

Postby KE4AVB » Sat May 04, 2019 7:43 am

I needing a picture of the deck where SP cable goes in for a Husqvarna HU775 mower. I needing to see how the OEM had the cable installed in the deck. The customer instead of having a someone to install a new cable cut a hole in the top of deck over the drive and tried installed a throttle cable which of course will not work. So I needing weld in a patch panel and install the correct cable along with a new drive belt.

While customer was describing what he did his wife was just shaking her head in disbelief.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Anyone got a Husqvarna HU775 mower?

Postby bgsengine » Sat May 04, 2019 8:16 am

KE4AVB wrote:I needing a picture of the deck where SP cable goes in for a Husqvarna HU775 mower. I needing to see how the OEM had the cable installed in the deck. The customer instead of having a someone to install a new cable cut a hole in the top of deck over the drive and tried installed a throttle cable which of course will not work. So I needing weld in a patch panel and install the correct cable along with a new drive belt.
Wonder if this may help - found it in google image search https://husqvarnapushmower.wordpress.co ... clean-dry/

While customer was describing what he did his wife was just shaking her head in disbelief.
If the original hole as pictured above was destroyed, I'd tell em they need a new mower, or take it somewhere else to be "fixed" I wouldn't want the liability hanging over my head on that.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Re: Anyone got a Husqvarna HU775 mower?

Postby KE4AVB » Sat May 04, 2019 9:15 am

This image does confirm suspicions on where it was needing to be.
If wasn't for the pouring rain today I would take a picture of what he has done. Just plain stupidity. I will get a couple after the rain ends so everyone can what a hatch job he did. He just ruin a nice looking mower.

Yes the mounting hole is gone but it not that hard fabricate a panel to cover the hole he made and weld it in place and what I thought was the correct location. Just is he will to pay the parts and labor bill. He wants an estimate so that is probably my out any ways. But I said actual repair would be just safe as the original just not as neat as my welds are solid and neat looking but you definitely know it is a patch panel.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum