• Advertisement

Battery Powered E-GO troubleshooting

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Battery Powered E-GO troubleshooting

Postby Mr Mower Man » Wed May 08, 2019 12:32 pm

Someone just brought me a 21" self-propelled E-GO battery powered mower that he bought from Lowe's. The self-propelled function works OK, but the blade doesn't always come on. And when it does, it will stop for no apparent reason, and you can't get it going again.

I told the customer that I had never had a battery powered mower here before, and I couldn't guarantee him that I knew how to troubleshoot it. But he had no other options, so he left it here with me anyway.

Anyone here familiar with these things? What should I look for? He said it worked fine until he changed the battery. Maybe something's wrong with the battery connections?
Mr Mower Man
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Battery Powered E-GO troubleshooting

Postby bgsengine » Wed May 08, 2019 2:47 pm

Never seen an E-GO , but , having once sold Worx (another cordless power brand) only to discover they did not really have any replacement parts supply to speak of (replace battery,replace tool, if under warranty, or sell 'em a new one of the latest & greatest version) .. However I've had two of the Worx mowers come in out of warranty along with a Ryobi version, and really none had any troubleshooting or service information (they arent really built to be serviceable anyway) but found that it just takes an understanding of electrical systems (while being aware of the higher voltages present than your usual 12 volts) and follow a logical process to trace where the electric moves through all the switches and wires,figuring out what each one does.. I "fixed" two of them - Ryobi, found a used switch for it , and one of the Worx mowers found a loose spade terminal which I was able to repair with a new terminal (the other one was a burned out motor) , all without any service information or specs..

However, for a pro shop, it really is not even worth the time and trouble that it takes to figure out how things come apart (all 3 were just winter time projects for me to play with.. probably had 18 hours or more into them)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Return to Technical Discussion Forum