• Advertisement

Power Smart Mower

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Power Smart Mower

Postby KE4AVB » Wed May 08, 2019 6:23 pm

Power Smart DB8611-26BS mower. Where to find parts? I needing an engine to deck drive belt PN 302040061.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Power Smart Mower

Postby bgsengine » Wed May 08, 2019 7:35 pm

Hmm was gonna link you to the manual but Im sure you already got that, so oddly enough Id wonder why you didn't find the link in the manual? http://parts.powersmartusa.com/ Manual: https://images.homedepot-static.com/cat ... 33b15f.pdf and also came across other website selling the mowers https://www.supplyworks.com/Sku/3583864 ... b8611-26bs most interestingly - notice it's pretty much entirely a chinese built unit ZHEJIANG DOBEST POWER TOOLS CO LTD which now makes me wonder just mow many different new lawnmower brands we're all gonna start seeing in the next 5 years or so.. Looks like they're doing with lawnmowers now what they been doing with generators for years...

*Edit to add* Just read over the warranty info in that manual.. wonder how many poor slobs are gonna get burned on those mowers.. to quote the manual.. "To make a claim under this Limited Warranty, you must return the entire power tool product; transportation prepaid, to PowerSmart. The owner must include a legible copy of the original receipt, which shall list the date of purchase, along with the company’s name where the product was purchased." Cost more in shipping than to just buy a new one I'd imagine..
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Wed May 08, 2019 8:04 pm

Yes I have the IPL. The problem is thier website parts doesn't recognize it as a valid PN for the belt. I going try calling them tomorrow. The belt is missing so if I can't get the size I will the old rope trick to see anything is available in generic belts.

And yes that is one of the dumbest warranty I have seen in a while but most warranties are not even worth the paper they printed on. It sorta like the service contracts we had at Standard Register where they actually covered nothing.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Wed May 08, 2019 9:37 pm

yeah, though I would guess you could get fairly close on belt sizes with a bit of simple math , and using the good ol' Pie Are Squared.. :)

However I wonder though the way they had that belt listed, almost sounds like it needs to be a cogged timing belt?

2 blades without an offset, wouldnt they interfere unless timed?

Just curious, never seen them yet so far , although recent trip to wal-mart I did see a couple new brand names in boxes (Like that $74.00 trimmer), but they looked to be private label MTD builds.. didn't have a lot of time to pay attention there though...
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby Luffydog » Wed May 08, 2019 9:38 pm

People like to hear and see the warranty thing and will pay a lot more for it not knowing it doesn’t mean anything. :popcorn:
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Wed May 08, 2019 9:47 pm

Pie are round. Cake are squared.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Thu May 09, 2019 2:52 am

Unit uses three belts. One cogged timing belt for the deck as the blades are too long otherwise much like the Cub Cadets walk behinds I have worked on. The deck drive and self propel belts are standard v-belts shaped. The deck drive should be a Kevlar belt but considering it is missing they probably used a poly belt.

Doesn't look anything like the Cub Cadet and never heard of Power Smart until I pickup this mower. The customer also got another weird looking rider looks similar to an ATV body style wise of which I need to get make and model of. The other two riders are MTD based of which one is in the shop with a bad drive shaft. Will not stay in forward unless you hold it in place.

At least I have seen that problem before. Better off replacing the complete drive shaft instead of the 42 teeth bevel gear and clutch collar. The last was on a Cub Cadet and 42 tooth gear gear, clutch collar, and shaft were worn. The 42 bevel gear had a different engagement ring [ looked to be about 21 tooth engagement] but it was upgrade to the three point engagement style when the new came in. I better pull the transaxle before ordering parts in case there is other internal damages.

At least they haven't been red necked repaired the equipment like the Cub RTZ that I am redoing the wiring on. A simple 75 cent Packard connector failure but they instead installed a push button for the starter. Now it need a ignition switch as it is jammed in run which is draining the battery. Also the wiring for the Kohler anti fire solenoid has red necked too as it had a bare solid 16 or 14 gauge wire. Just gets remove as the solenoid has been clipped. No need to have it repaired as the customer is already complaining the repair costs but not my fault it was red necked repaired in the past.

Now If I can find out what terminal that is used on the four pin switches on the control arms. Lucky to have a harness with them in it so spliced in a couple terminals where wires were broke off at the connector.

At least the lady with the Power Smart which said her husband thinks he is Tim the Tool Man Taylor hasn't him let work on the mower.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby NO0C » Thu May 09, 2019 11:12 am

bgsengine wrote:using the good ol' Pie Are Squared.. :)

I think you've got the wrong formula there. πr² is the formula for the area of a circle. You want to use πD/2 or πr to get the approximate length of the belt around the pulley if the belt ends leaving the pulley are parallel. :P
NO0C
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Thu May 09, 2019 12:22 pm

NO0C wrote:
bgsengine wrote:using the good ol' Pie Are Squared.. :)

I think you've got the wrong formula there. πr² is the formula for the area of a circle. You want to use πD/2 or πr to get the approximate length of the belt around the pulley if the belt ends leaving the pulley are parallel. :P

Could be... I'm no mathematician,I was thinking more like measure between the center points of pulleys and use pi to figure the circumference divided by 4 (roughly) and add to distance between centers to get roughly half of needed belt length on the outside - doesnt really work on deep groove pulleys and more complex idler systems...
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Thu May 09, 2019 1:49 pm

Either way I will know the size it is when the belt gets here. I got in contact with Amerisuninc this morning and surprise that they ask me to consider being a service center for the mowers. I will need to go over the paperwork first but they don't many places in the South that can service the mowers.

They said the mowers are made in China and they have been around for only about 6 years. The company US office is base out Illinois near Chicago.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Next

Return to Technical Discussion Forum