• Advertisement

GX 345 Wiring schematic

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

GX 345 Wiring schematic

Postby Mr Mower Man » Fri May 17, 2019 8:26 pm

I have a John Deere GX345 that isn't activating the PTO. No current getting to the clutch. PTO switch is fine. I'm not sure what the other components are in the PTO circuit I should be checking for. I think there's a PTO relay, but I don't know which one it is, or really how to test it. Anyone have access to a wiring diagram? I couldn't find one online.

Thanks.
Mr Mower Man
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: GX 345 Wiring schematic

Postby KE4AVB » Sat May 18, 2019 6:19 am

Go to https://www.tradebit.com/filesharing.php/search/0/gx+345 and you can download the service manual for $27.85.

But yes there is a relay involved as well as the Operator Present [seat] switch. The switch is a NO switch so must be closed for the relay to operate.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Sun May 19, 2019 9:20 am

I have the schematic, but can't seem to post it. I may have just grabbed it off of a Google image search. I see that there are several there.
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sun May 19, 2019 10:14 am

hanz63 wrote:I have the schematic, but can't seem to post it. I may have just grabbed it off of a Google image search. I see that there are several there.

Got to careful with the Google searches for wiring diagrams. Many are unrelated to the actual machine plus JD sometimes have different wiring depending on the serial number break.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum