• Advertisement

Briggs parts

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Briggs parts

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:51 am

Anyone know what is going with Briggs lately. I got several items on back order. One set parts have been on back order since April 6. So far these are at a needed yesterday level but I had one coil with an aftermarket part which actually cost more than OEM coil when I add in the shc. What worse is I call my distributor which contacted Briggs and they got no idea when they are going to be available. Shipping in from China and Mexico most likely.

Yes I know I should had one in stock but I simply don't see walk behind mowers any more until lately when I got three in he same week. As for vacuum hose for the fuel pumps I am doing make shift repairs by installing a rubber hose lager than the hole and using the fiction fit to hold it place and too seal it.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Briggs parts

Postby bgsengine » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:26 am

I believe they had a supply chain disruption caused by weather events , or something like that - I distinctly remember a message from Briggs to the dealer network somewhere but don't recall where I saw it - maybe on power portal,I dont find it in email archives.. or maybe it was something on the PD dealer portal... But yeah we also have several pending back orders as well. rather unusual for Briggs..
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby bluemower » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:48 am

the message concerning shortage of parts was on the power distributor site.
bluemower
Guide

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:03 pm

That might explain why I haven't the message as I have another distributor that much lower than Power Distributors on most Briggs parts and still the same two day delivery normally.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:34 pm

Here's the PD thing for what it's worth
[APRIL 9, 2019]

Dear [DEALER]

Last summer, we implemented a significant upgrade to our management information systems. This extensive upgrade will allow us to continue to be an effective and efficient provider of power for you, our distributors and dealers.

As is often the case with implementations of this magnitude—even with thorough planning and testing—we did encounter some areas where the transition proved to be more challenging than anticipated. As such, some dealers may have experienced delays receiving select parts.

We have a committed team that has made significant progress in returning to the service levels you are accustomed to from Briggs & Stratton and its distributors.

Over the last 90 days, we shipped 2,000 skus that were previously on backorder. Over the last 30 days, we increased staffing levels in anticipation of the spring season and we implemented plans to reduce supply lead times. With these concerted efforts, we believe in the next 45 days you should see significant improvement in backordered parts.

We sincerely appreciate your ongoing business and support. Our goal as a company, and my goal personally, is to once again have the privilege of being your most reliable source for parts.

Bill Reitman Senior Vice President and President, Global Support
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:57 pm

Just hope their system upgrade goes better than the Canadian government employee pay system. A disaster in the billions before it ends.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:22 am

I don't why they are having problems but it just recently hit me. I have been buying Briggs since 2009 from my distributor and never had problems until now.

But of I having problem with my accounting Auto Manager software too from the recent update. Part of it is from upgrades to the CVS import function that was taking 1-1/2 to 2 days to import one file and I had ten files to import. Then there are were the supersedes that weren't being followed. Now it is a lot faster but now it is superseding to SKUs that are not listed as supersedes. Even new manually entered SKUs are getting superseded SKUs attached that weren't even manually added. Then somehow the programmer now has work orders coming with task entries prior to even work order creation.

I had only minor problems until I started trying to import price files. The programmer said I am the only one that is importing price files with 150,000 lines. Small files had imported by others without problems. I think problem is his software can't handle CODIS formatted price files; mainly the descriptions. I having to edit them heavily to even to importing to work reliably. His software couldn't handle having ' and " for feet and inches if the text delimiter is " or ' so I got him to the ability to add | as delimiter option and now I can import the ' and " without problems. Now something else is driving the importing crazy as I get random imports of none existent SKU. Some how it is splitting descriptions and creating its own SKUs plus creating it own supersedes.
:bricks:
I should have never tried importing SKUs but I was tried of entering and updating SKUs everytime I did a repair or counter sale. I prefer to be doing the repairs instead of spending more time keeping the computer files updated on every order. And it don't help that I recently licensed my software @ 599 USD [3 user level] for the updates to break it.

I kinda stuck with the software now as I got so data entered but I reckon I to go back digging years of paper files to look up previous repairs. I currently have five of data entered into the current Auto Manager software. That back step however will require starting from scratch again. :roll:
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:31 pm

Well now they have back order a cylinder head and I still awaiting parts from April 6 order. Of course the Briggs 440000 series head just been on back order for only a week.

Anybody know if there is any after market part available for the fuel pump impulse vacuum hose used on the Briggs engines. I have both a short and long version on both now. I would like to get the riding mowers out that are needing these hoses.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Mr Mower Man » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:18 pm

KE4AVB wrote:Well now they have back order a cylinder head and I still awaiting parts from April 6 order. Of course the Briggs 440000 series head just been on back order for only a week.

Anybody know if there is any after market part available for the fuel pump impulse vacuum hose used on the Briggs engines. I have both a short and long version on both now. I would like to get the riding mowers out that are needing these hoses.

I don't know of any aftermarket equivalent to those hoses, but I'm waiting on one as well. I ordered it on June 4, and one month later, I still don't have it. Thankfully, it's just stock, and no one is actually waiting on it. It's a 694000 I'm waiting on. If you let me know which one you need, I may have it in stock, and I'd be happy to send it to you.
Mr Mower Man
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:43 pm

Mr Mower Man wrote:It's a 694000 I'm waiting on.

Same one . I normally keep 5 in stock but I had run on them in April and May. I calling Monday morning to cancel the two 591420 coils as I going to source them from Stens. They have been on back order since 5/27.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Next

Return to Technical Discussion Forum