• Advertisement

Briggs parts

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Briggs parts

Postby bgsengine » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:29 pm

KE4AVB wrote:
Mr Mower Man wrote:It's a 694000 I'm waiting on.

Same one . I normally keep 5 in stock but I had run on them in April and May. I calling Monday morning to cancel the two 591420 coils as I going to source them from Stens. They have been on back order since 5/27.
Think I have a couple 591420 on the shelf I can check tomorrow if you want. Which vacuum hose you need? I can check my stock , might have some still, but same boat here - Im out of the 694000 (but no needs for them so far yet) , Im pretty sure Im out of the 793147 also , but may have an older version of the long one (similar to the 694000)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:05 am

BGS,

Tnx for the offer but I can get by a couple more days until the Stens coils can be delivered. It just frustrating that I having to cancel an order due to lack of delivery.

I do however got to find out when the cylinder head is going to be shipped so I can time the rest of the repairs. Like the installation of cast bronze bushings in the front axle of the Husqvarna. I got to have them machined down approx a 1/16" for a interference fit then line ream them for 3/4 axle fitting. Strange that Husqvarna will not provide the plastic bushings that came in the axle instead just wanting to sell a new axle install with them installed. If the bronze can't be machined to fit I can always machine and install the MTD plastic bushings and then ream them to fit.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:12 am

Here is a good question for the fellow Briggs dealers. Why is Briggs superseding a single head to a pair heads? Is there service bulletin that I am unaware of and that I am needing additional parts that I have currently not ordered?

I working a 440000 using the 792299 and 792300 heads. I was only needing to the 792300 head but both heads are superseded to 597562 which would explain why my cost is $116 for the head. Anyway they are supposedly on back order until 7/15 which if like the other items I have ordered they will be on back order a lot longer.

BTW emailing Briggs via the Power Portal appears to useless nowadays. They haven't replied to a single email this year that I have sent.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:39 am

KE4AVB wrote:Here is a good question for the fellow Briggs dealers. Why is Briggs superseding a single head to a pair heads? Is there service bulletin that I am unaware of and that I am needing additional parts that I have currently not ordered?

I working a 440000 using the 792299 and 792300 heads. I was only needing to the 792300 head but both heads are superseded to 597562 which would explain why my cost is $116 for the head. Anyway they are supposedly on back order until 7/15 which if like the other items I have ordered they will be on back order a lot longer.
Wow. Thanks for the heads up , I'll have to make sure and check every single part requirement I need before doing quotes any more, it looks.. I stgill have some pending back orders from April that haven't filled yet either..
BTW emailing Briggs via the Power Portal appears to useless nowadays. They haven't replied to a single email this year that I have sent.
Ive found it usually works better to email your inside sales rep at PD, they are usually more responsive and they usually have inside info, and can get your questions through if they don't have an answer.. at least for me it always worked better that way..
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:15 am

I should have thought of that. Just not got use to using PD yet as my Sunbelt distributor has a better discount usually on the Briggs parts as PD are $130.50 for the same heads with my discount there.

I will drop PD an inquiry email. Just trying to get ahead of the repair work so I have everything at hand when I pull the bad head. I wondering if I knurl the valve guide if it would hold once reinstalled. Might be worth a try considering the costs involved with the new heads.

Currently working getting the Husqvarna GTH2448T new aftermarket 15/16 x 3/4 x 1 bushings resized for the front axle since Husqvarna don't sell the replacement bushings for the cast iron version. I got the cast brass core bushing in yesterday. I will check the fit later today but expecting to need take them down up to a sixteenth of an inch for an interference fit.

Looking more like I need to get my own metal lathe to make these custom parts. Last week I had a bushing for a MTD variable pulley made out an AYP spindle shaft because MTD wanted $180 retail for the assembly when only it need the bushing and a pair of SCE98 needle bearings. And before that I got a 675HWT spindle knurled for interfere fit of the ball bearings.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:05 pm

Well isn't this ridiculous. My Sunbelt vendor called Friday that Briggs is changing the head kit back to single heads. But guess what. They are now wanting $145 list for each head instead of $145 for both. Boy what a rip. New heads are PNs 84001918 [no 1] and 84001919 [no 2].
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum