• Advertisement

Kohler carb bowl#

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Kohler carb bowl#

Postby BLES » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:43 pm

Kohler M16S-711502 ser: 2308805943

Anyone know the number for the carb float bowl? When I look for it, I only find the number for the complete carb. Also, don't see it in any of the aftermarket parts suppliers. It's the large diameter one, Walbro I believe.
Thanks.
BLES
BLES
Guide

Advertisement

Re: Kohler carb bowl#

Postby Skywatcher » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:47 pm

Hi BLES

I believe the earlier Kohlers used a Carter carburetor with the high speed mixture screw on top and the idle mixture screw at a 45ยบ angle. The Walbro carburetors have the high speed mixture screw set low at an angle just above the float bowl. The float bowl I have in stock looks like it's for the Carter carburetor and is P/N 235448-S. Partstree says this bowl fits the K241 engine, but I think the 16 hp engine is the K341. John Deere's number for the float bowl to fit the carburetor on the 316 tractor with the 16 hp engine is M43135 and it appears to still be available through JD. Hope this helps point you in the right direction,

Sky
A person who sees Quality and feels it as he works is a person who cares.
A person who cares about what he sees and does is a person who's bound to have some characteristics of Quality.
Robert M. Pirsig. (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)
Skywatcher
Forum Pro

Location: Southern Alberta. Where the wheatlands meet the Range.

Postby bgsengine » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:34 pm

If it's the typical Walbro WHG carb that replaced the Carters (used on the K series) then probably a 20-180-1 fuel bowl. (Walbro part number)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby BLES » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:58 pm

Yes, it's the Walbro WHG as this is the later M series, not the K series. And yes, it's the 20-180-1 bowl.
Thanks.
BLES
BLES
Guide

Return to Technical Discussion Forum