• Advertisement

Governor Adjustment Tecumseh

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Governor Adjustment Tecumseh

Postby dennis » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:22 am

Working on a Craftsman wheeled string trimmer. The engine is a Tecumseh LEV120-361075C. I would like to know what the maximum high speed RPM setting should be, and the low speed setting. It has a snap-in governor control bracket on it, and the carb has the idle speed adjustment screw. I read that to set the high speed governed rpms, set control to all the way open and align high speed holes in bracket, and bend the tab closest to governor lever to increase/decrease rpms. Then put control on idle, and bend the other tab to set low speed governed rpm. How does the idle speed adjustment screw factor into this???
dennis
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Governor Adjustment Tecumseh

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:41 pm

Dennis I don't know the actual speeds but I would assume the top speed would be 3600 or less. As the idle screw it is adjusted 600 rpm below the governed idle speed. Without specs I usually set the speeds at where the engine idles smoothly.

Edited to add missing word.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Re: Governor Adjustment Tecumseh

Postby dennis » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:08 pm

Thanks for information, KE4AVB.
dennis
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum