• Advertisement

link to Briggs "advanced" information.

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

link to Briggs "advanced" information.

Postby wristpin » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:26 pm

I once had a link to Briggs service info' over and above that in the printed repair manuals - I've lost the link.
In particular I'm looking for a section on ignition systems which, among other thing, made the point that rust on flywheels does not affect ignition performance.
Please can someone "reconnect" me!
wristpin
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: link to Briggs "advanced" information.

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:10 pm

Wristpin, I do remember reading about the rust in the online training of the Briggs Power Portal but I haven't seen it otherwise. Now I have many of the APSI and DSB bulletins listed in the downloads section of this forum under Briggs.

I have however not loaded the latest ones or the last service manual I got for the 12V300 Vanguard series; storing them in a private directory. This mainly because I am working on my Dealer entry exams as I am tired of the distributors refusing to honor warranty on new parts that are received bad from them. Even the local dealers are refusing to honor the Briggs warranty just because I didn't buy the parts from them. This makes me more out to compete against them. I just found that stage one entry only requires me to stock 750 usd in parts; heck I got over 2000 usd currently in stock so I think qualify at that level.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bluemower » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:14 pm

This was previously on the power portal, however, it appears to be buried somewhat. I did find the exact information on the training video "Troubleshooting ignition systems learning module". This is located under the power channel tab - video library - ignition system. Locate the video and find the statement at 7.51.

This video also explains the spark color does not matter.
bluemower
Guide

Postby hanz63 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:57 am

They do have a service bulletin index which is useful. I didn't know if I should post it here or not, but it isn't too hard to find. I'll poke around too for the Advanced stuff.
hanz63
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum