• Advertisement

Ordering Oregon Parts in Canada

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Ordering Oregon Parts in Canada

Postby 38racing » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:17 pm

Skywatcher wrote:Hi 38

I'm starting to think it might be worth my while getting a Banta Saw account, they seem to have a wide selection of all sorts of stuff and they ship from within Canada Too. I have noticed that Power Source Canada will sometimes ship a part from Delta BC to Ontario, then ship it back to Alberta and charge me double freight. Why they don't just ship from BC to Alberta, I don't know. All the best,

Sky

I've been using banta for years. They only do online orders. They used to ship to me via canpar but they added a fuel surcharge because of my distance from Ottawa. So now I ship to my church address which is only about 15 km closer to Ottawa. Even though canpar goes there they switched me to ics (it and canpar owned by transforce). My price went back down and I have next day delivery. Usually if my order is in by noon it's picked up around 5 pm and I have it by 4 the next day. That's just Belleville area to Ottawa area of course. On the order you can ask for shipping quote first. I've had very few backorders. They have sent me a printed catalogue. It's useful because it shows items with minimum of ten. Online doesn't always show the minimum. It may vary on what discount level I'm at. They seemed to establish that based on my frequency and/or value of orders.
38racing
Forum Pro

Re: Ordering Oregon Parts in Canada

Postby RoyM » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:57 pm

:?: Skywatcher, I never heard of that. We would ship from Oakville if the customer was unwilling to wait for a back order from B.C. and vice versa and freight was charged accordingly.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum