• Advertisement

Choke-o-Matic carb?

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Choke-o-Matic carb?

Postby dart451 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:04 pm

Working on an old Pennsylvania Panzer tractor with a Briggs 190402-0650-01. (not sure if this is the original cowling) The Choke-o-matic carb is trashed! Main jets frozen some parts broken off. So, I am looking for a choke-o-matic carburetor that will fit. I looked at Jack's and they have two listings for the upper carb assembly but nothing for the bottom carb assembly...(I need both parts). I also looked at PartsTree and in the diagram they show a carburetor #390680...no longer available and I cannot seem to locate it anywhere. Anyone know where I might find the top and bottom of carburetor or a carburetor I might be able to use to make this engine run again?
dart451
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Choke-o-Matic carb?

Postby bgsengine » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:30 pm

bottom half is NLA , you can find complete aftermarket assemblies still if you have the part number for the whole carb. BTW it's not choke-a-matic. It's 2-piece flo-jet part number 390680 you can find them on ebay, although you may have to just look for a carb that fits 190400 model series (may have to flip throttle arm or modify choke, etc) so long as it fits horizontal shaft 7-8 HP Briggs.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Re: Choke-o-Matic carb?

Postby dart451 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:14 pm

Well duh! Guess I got that one wrong...that is a Flo-Jet carb...and I did find one...probably cause I was looking for the wrong carburetor...thank you bgsengine!
dart451
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum