• Advertisement

Anyone know if these can be taken apart?

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Anyone know if these can be taken apart?

Postby dart451 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:57 pm

Curious whether or not these throttle assemblies can be take apart. The ones pictures here don't have the handles on them so they could stick through small grooves inside a dash to mount. However, I cannot seem to find any new plastic levers that would fit on the end of this throttle so I might have to look for a new similar throttle assembly that already has the levers installed. The dash I'm mounting them on only has two slender groove cut outs and is mounted by a single bolt on the inside that goes through the center of the throttle levers. Anyone know if these can be taken apart so I can slide the bottom of the levers in through the top?
dart451
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Anyone know if these can be taken apart?

Postby bgsengine » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:06 pm

technically, anything can be taken apart.. :bricks: However, if you are like majority of shops, you won't have the specialized tooling and materials to re-assemble, so no, they don't really come apart, if they have a failure you generally have to replace the whole assembly (in some cases, like that one, you can replace the wire and conduit, but that is about it) - Ive tried many times to "fix" some of these - usually the Wheel horse 500 series models with the Onan engine - throttle won't stay in full throttle as governor spring tension keeps pulling it back down - so they always have to be replaced (or some owners choose to live with it, or they jam a clothespin in to wedge it tight, etc)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby dart451 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:17 pm

Thanks for the response! Ya, I couldn't seem to find a way...jeesh, oh well thanks
dart451
Forum Pro

Postby Skywatcher » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:27 pm

Hi Dart

If I understand your query correctly, Stens part number 295-410 should be close to what you are looking for.

https://www.stens.com/search?keywords=295410

All the best'

Sky
A person who sees Quality and feels it as he works is a person who cares.
A person who cares about what he sees and does is a person who's bound to have some characteristics of Quality.
Robert M. Pirsig. (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)
Skywatcher
Forum Pro

Location: Southern Alberta. Where the wheatlands meet the Range.

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:23 am

Dart what are you working on?

As for can the pictured throttle assy be disassembled, no you can't lever remove the lever and re-install it. It would require grinding off the pivot flare then without another one to install and flare you basically just destroy the control assembly. The only thing removable and replaceable is the cable itself.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby dart451 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:51 pm

Skywatcher wrote:Hi Dart

If I understand your query correctly, Stens part number 295-410 should be close to what you are looking for.

https://www.stens.com/search?keywords=295410

All the best'

Sky

Thank you very much for your input Skywatcher! That is exactly what I'm looking for and couldn't find it anywhere! Thanks again...
dart451
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum