• Advertisement

Ariens 1336 snowblower auger belt problens

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Ariens 1336 snowblower auger belt problens

Postby Cub Cadet 126 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:42 pm

I have an Ariens 1336 Pro snowblower , Model # 924506 that is having problems with the auger belt slipping. I have replaced the auger belt with the Ariens OEM belt. After a being used once or twice in a light snow the belt starts to slip. The idler pulley is as close to the belt as the slot in the idler arm will allow. I have tried adjusting the control cable and replacing the engine pulley and auger pulley. I checked the impeller shaft bearing . There was no play between the impeller shaft and the bearing and the bearing was tight in the retainer that holds it in place. Has anyone run into this problem on this model? If so what did you do to fix it.
Cub Cadet 126

Advertisement

Re: Ariens 1336 snowblower auger belt problens

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:49 am

Depending if it is the later model After sn 002399. There are up to four different OEM auger belt lengths 37", 37-1/2, 38-3/8, 40 depending on which blower you have attached. If I understand the model number you would have the 36" blower which should be using the 37-1/2 raw edge v-belt. First double check that you ordered the correct belt.

https://www.jackssmallengines.com/jacks-parts-lookup/manufacturer/ariens/sno-thros-and-brushes/924-series-sno-thro/924506-002400-st1336-dle-13hp-tec-electric-36-blower/engine-and-belt-drive
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Cub Cadet 126 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:21 am

I checked and the belt I put on is the right belt, part # 07236200.
Cub Cadet 126

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:46 am

I would double check the belt itself for proper length. I have seen where the wrong gets imprinted with the wrong PN at times. I had a lot mislabeled belt last year but most of them were aftermarkets.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:36 pm

I'd also be checking the pulley grooves for wear in the V notches, as well as verifying the idler is the correct flat O.D. - even a 1/32 inch of wear on any of the grooves would be enough to cause belt slip - and the more the pulley grooves are worn on each pulley, the more that adds up. Also as the blower and the frame are 2 separate components I'd be checking that their mounting holes line up correctly and the blower assembly is correct for the frame (engine/tractor)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby 38racing » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:47 pm

Is it possible that the bearing is seizing when it gets hot or something else in the auger system is seizing.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby Skywatcher » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:41 pm

Hi Cub

Another thing to check for is the condition of the pressed steel pulley on the impeller shaft. I have seen these pulleys spread so the belt sits too deep in the groove and rests on the bottom of the groove instead of gripping on the sides. Also, is the piece of key stock still present between the center hub and the impeller shaft? Just a couple of thoughts, keep us posted with your findings,

Sky
A person who sees Quality and feels it as he works is a person who cares.
A person who cares about what he sees and does is a person who's bound to have some characteristics of Quality.
Robert M. Pirsig. (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)
Skywatcher
Forum Pro

Location: Southern Alberta. Where the wheatlands meet the Range.

Postby 38racing » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:15 am

Skywatcher wrote:Hi Cub

Another thing to check for is the condition of the pressed steel pulley on the impeller shaft. I have seen these pulleys spread so the belt sits too deep in the groove and rests on the bottom of the groove instead of gripping on the sides. Also, is the piece of key stock still present between the center hub and the impeller shaft? Just a couple of thoughts, keep us posted with your findings,

Sky

OP said that both pulleys have been replaced.
38racing
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum