• Advertisement

Yardman Snow blower

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Yardman Snow blower

Postby lefty » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:40 pm

Yardman Snow Blower

Tecumseh HMSK100
159260T

This came in augers not turning. Took it apart and the gearbox is dickered. The worm gear was chewed up, all of the hardware where the impeller shaft enters the gearbox was all chewed up, needle bearing and such. And the gearbox itself was kind of screwed where the impeller shaft enters. It's kind of oblong. Since a lot of the parts are either super expensive or discontinued, I was thinking of search for some used stuff. But I'm having trouble figuring out if the impeller shaft is still any good. There's like a recess on it, like a throat part about where it would sit as it entered the gearbox. Not sure if it's wear or designed that way. I included a link to a photo. Shoes were all worn down on this and the scraper bar was gone. The auger was hitting the ground and the shear pins were way too tight. Guessing that's why the gearbox took such a beating.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HXJrzFMx2Ld9f9QE9
lefty
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Yardman Snow blower

Postby 38racing » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:17 pm

I can't view the image. Shouldn't be hard to find a complete used mtd front end on a blower with a Tecumseh whose oil wasn't checked. Got a nice poulin at our church dumpster.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:52 pm

Right. The parts that are available are too expensive to make it worth it. I'll be keeping an eye out for a front end.

not sure if these photo works any better but here goes nothing.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HXJrzFMx2Ld9f9QE9
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:45 am

lefty I have gotten Google image to work here either as it appears to be not compatible with the forum software. I have downloaded, resized, and uploaded to Imgur so here is the image your trying to post.
If this is part number GW-1739790 (superseded to 1739790) is NLA but here an image of what the new did looked like. Sorry the image size it is the only one I found and enlarging it just blurs it.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:42 am

Thanks so much KE4. For your work with both pictures. It makes sense now. Looks like some of the other parts, spacers, bearings and such are still fused upon the shaft. But at least I know now that it's by design. Thanks for the help.
lefty
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum