• Advertisement

Nikki carb, no main jet ??

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Nikki carb, no main jet ??

Postby Arkie » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:00 am

Nikki carb #696353, Go2701, 1515 B

Carb not new. MZAy have been apart before by someone else???
The carb needed a slight choke to run at high speed.

When I carefully took the carb apart there is not main jet inside the plastic emulsion tube hole as explained in this link.
https://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/br ... i_carb.asp

Does anyone know for sure if all the nikki's have this jet inside the plastic tube?
I have seen some of the main jets just fall out due to not being a snug fit. Wondering if someone previously lost the little brass jet. I would have thought the carb would have been over rich with no jet, carb is acting lean instead???????
Arkie
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Nikki carb, no main jet ??

Postby bgsengine » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:13 am

does lt LOOK like there should be one? Need engine model, type, date code - the part number you give is just body casting part number, no cross reference for it - if you can figure out the original valid part number (or model-type-date code) , might be able to look up in parts catalog what it should have... Bear in mind "high speed" no load is also "High Idle" meaning it is still getting its fuel fed from the idle circuitry, not the main nozzle..
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Re: Nikki carb, no main jet ??

Postby Arkie » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:24 pm

The Nikki carb that I was trying was from a pile of carbs and this is a Frankenstein block engine, but the carb looked really clean inside when I removed the bowl, so surprised that no main nozzle jet. (someone had been into it before and ?????.

After seeing your reply (needing engine specs) and getting this donor 14.5 HP IC OHV Briggs motor block with lots of parts removed, no carb, starter, muffler, magneto, etc, and not sure the air cowling even matched the engine so Model and code not matching the block I went digging in my big bucket of old small engine carb's and found another Nikki rusty, nasty, parts carb Nikki #799727 carb casting number which was made slightly different internally but had a main jet inside it's plastic nozzle. I installed the jet into the lean carb and it came alive. This little Nikki main jet fits inside a plastic tube assembly below the brass end of the emulsion nozzle and the jet has to be inserted from the top or pushed out from the bottom after the plastic piece is pulled from the emulsion tube and the small jet is held in by a small o-ring, so not readily visible for removal or inspection like most carb jets and the bottom of the emulsion tube is about same size as the jet so if the jet is gone it's not readily apparent.

Going in behind where others have been flogging before is more learning experience. Leak down indicated possible good block and engine performed great.

Thanks for the hint
Arkie
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum