• Advertisement

Honda Generator...can't read the numbers...

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Honda Generator...can't read the numbers...

Postby dart451 » Fri May 08, 2020 4:45 pm

Got this Honda generator, customer stated it wouldn't start. The first pic is what I sucked out of the tank... Carb in bad shape wanted to order another whole unit...but, the little throttle motor is specific and doesn't have the same pin configuration as what I can see to order. The Model number is quite obliterated...I've tried to look at the Honda EU2000i numbers but I cannot seem to find the right carb assembly. I do not think the throttle motor works anymore seeing as it does not adjust idle when current is plugged in. The pin configuration is a flat four wire on both sides of cable, carburetor and motherboard side. The only carb setup I've been able to find at all is a four wire square plug to the generator motherboard. Anyone have any suggestions? Dynomite might be useful?

dart451
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Honda Generator...can't read the numbers...

Postby dart451 » Fri May 08, 2020 6:58 pm

I know...this is a tough one...just thought some of you might get these basket cases and had some type of solution...
dart451
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Fri May 08, 2020 7:12 pm

if you buy the whole carburetor OEM Legit Honda, it'll include the throttle control motor, and if any doubt you can buy the matching sub-wire assembly (if yours won't connect to the new TCM) I have done a couple of these before (meaning replacing carburetors) and being construction units, they not only had most of the serial obliterated, but a lot of the outer case often broken into pieces - but I never had a problem taking a guess and pick a serial number as close as possible to what you can best make out (also check the engine block on left side of case, opposite carburetor, may find an engraved serial or type number there too sometimes) .. So, could go with what I came up with: https://www.ereplacementparts.com/honda ... 06875.html

Of course, you're looking at like $180+ for carburetor and wire assembly, if it comes to that, if your customer doesnt have a problem with the price. (New Honda units can run 1200 and up, so the contractor I did these for had no problem forking out $300+ a pop on each one to have then work for another year or two, when new units typically last them 3-4 years)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby dart451 » Fri May 08, 2020 9:55 pm

I did receive a carburetor with the electric motor but like I said, the plug to the motherboard is different. And the one you showed looks the same, wrong wire cable. I have yet to find a wire cable similar to this machine. I think tomorrow I might try to see if I can change the one side connector by removing the pins, following the color codes on the old one and try that.
dart451
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Sat May 09, 2020 7:47 am

dart451 wrote:And the one you showed looks the same, wrong wire cable. I have yet to find a wire cable similar to this machine..
Uh, yeah, that is why I suggested ordering a new harness sub-assembly - the one that plugs in to the new carburetor's throttle motor, then see if the OTHER END of said harness will plug into the generator's main harness.. ?
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby dart451 » Sat May 09, 2020 8:05 am

bgsengine wrote:
dart451 wrote:And the one you showed looks the same, wrong wire cable. I have yet to find a wire cable similar to this machine..
Uh, yeah, that is why I suggested ordering a new harness sub-assembly - the one that plugs in to the new carburetor's throttle motor, then see if the OTHER END of said harness will plug into the generator's main harness.. ?

I would order the whole setup if I had a valid model number...I've looked through most of the different model's harnesses, they look like the one's that are presently available but NOT the same as what I have. Believe it or not, the EU1000i cable looks more like the cable I have on the machine... The carburetor that I ordered, like I said has the square four wire plug for the generator...and it does NOT have a plug for the motor side...looks hardwired to the motor...
dart451
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Sat May 09, 2020 8:12 am

dart451 wrote:
bgsengine wrote:

I would order the whole setup if I had a valid model number...I've looked through most of the different model's harnesses, they look like the one's that are presently available but NOT the same as what I have. Believe it or not, the EU1000i cable looks more like the cable I have on the machine... The carburetor that I ordered, like I said has the square four wire plug for the generator...and it does NOT have a plug for the motor side...looks hardwired to the motor...

Ah OK. THat's much more clear..

Makes me wonder though , considering my own past experience with these and the typical busted-up plastic case bodies , if you might not actually have a EU1000i, since you mention it looks more similar.. I never checked to see if the outer shells (where you'd find the model and serial decals) were the same between the 2 models... might be worth inspecting the rest of the generator engine, etc and see if you can find any components (there's usually a casting on the cylinder somewhere giving the cm3 displacement AKA cc's) that might make it unique to a particular model or spec.. ?
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby dart451 » Sat May 09, 2020 9:09 am

Ok, so I looked again this morning through the different model numbers and came up with this one...EU2000IK1 AC-EAAJ-2017305-999999. In the diagram for carburetor, I looked at #16, the cable #32196-Z07-E20...it appears to be the correct cable!
So I search for the carburetor assembly #16100-Z0D-D03 to show pics of the carb and wire assembly...and low and behold, it STILL shows the SQUARE plug on one side! I'd hate to order the carb assembly, wait for 2-3 weeks for it to arrive (delivery is ridiculous now), to find out I have the wrong one again!
dart451
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat May 09, 2020 11:59 am

I believe you are looking for sub cable 32196-Z07-C00.

Just can't good pics of both the square cable end the carb cable ends for match up views.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby dart451 » Sat May 09, 2020 12:34 pm

KE4AVB wrote:I believe you are looking for sub cable 32196-Z07-C00.

Just can't good pics of both the square cable end the carb cable ends for match up views.

No, if you look up that number and look at the pics it's got the square four wire plug that I cannot use...
dart451
Forum Pro

Next

Return to Technical Discussion Forum