• Advertisement

Easy way to ruin a belt

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Easy way to ruin a belt

Postby 38racing » Thu May 14, 2020 11:27 am

I posted elsewhere about working on a spindle for my murray noma. When I tested it there was way too much vibration. I could see some up down on the pulley of my donor spindle so ordered a new complete spindle pulley assembly. Then I got to thinking that I had the belt burning a bit when I discovered the seized bearing. So I check the belt and sure enough there's a 2 inch spot where inner side is narrowed up. Kicking my self as I could have ordered belt in same shipment as the spindle. Of course my computer said I had one but I actually didn't.
38racing
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Easy way to ruin a belt

Postby KE4AVB » Thu May 14, 2020 12:07 pm

Don't feel too bad about the inventory. I am in the same boat for the computer saying I got things that I don't.

After a recent update I all sudden had 750K in parts. The new program deleted a lot the outgoing stock movements going all the way back to 2014. I got it down to 57.5K this morning but that is still about 10K too much; still hunting problems areas.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Thu May 14, 2020 12:43 pm

Mine's just a spreadsheet. All mistakes are my fault.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Thu May 14, 2020 3:07 pm

Then you better watch for your other self as he is looking to beat your tail feathers then. I usually can deal with self induce problems as I catch them quickly but this software change happen back in February and I have a lot data entered since then so going to the back up is not an option.

My trouble maker is too far away to get to. He is over in the UK somewhere but I still would like to stripe his legs.Three weekends of redoing the inventory and I still not finish as this one has to be a full inventory where the last one was just the major items and not all the screws, nuts, and wire terminals. Dragging in the bearings now, at least it is only two milk crates this time around for the bearings.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Sat May 16, 2020 11:13 am

Here I thought this post was about me. Put a 42 deep deck back on an X series last week with the belt over the RH lift link. Ran that way for about 10 minutes, then mysteriously I was 80$ poorer...
hanz63
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum