• Advertisement

FX-850V (Badboy Outlaw)

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

FX-850V (Badboy Outlaw)

Postby man00 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:51 am

On one of the fuel tanks the 3/16 vinyl hose that I guess recovers vapor and returns it to the Carb is rotted and needs replace.
Can I just plug the valve on tank and on carb? Replacing that line would be quite the job, runs through part of the frame..ect
man00

Advertisement

Re: FX-850V (Badboy Outlaw)

Postby man00 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:24 am

Got in touch with Badboy, they said it is called rollover valve on tank. Do as I like, plug or replace the line
man00

Re: FX-850V (Badboy Outlaw)

Postby bgsengine » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:08 am

well if the machine was built after 2012, then they just ran afoul of the EPA, technically - it'd also be emissions control - fuel tank vent- recovers vapors that otherwise would be vented to atmosphere just like the evap system on a car.. But if you are not worrying about running afoul of EPA (seriously, I don't think they'd waste their time trying to enforce on an individual) then you'll want to be 100% sure it is not "just" a rollover valve - if it is a fuel tank vent as I suspect, you will suffer vapor lock issues with your mower eventually, until you fix it .. alternatively just plug off at the carb and let the valve vent to open air (although you might wrap a foam filter or something around it to keep dirt out of your gas) but if you are anal about having your equipment "just right" , then you'd replace the hose (and it would probably be expensive if it has to be the EPA Non-Permeable type)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Return to Technical Discussion Forum