• Advertisement

Briggs carb

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Briggs carb

Postby PtMowerMech » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:19 pm

RoyM wrote:Can you guide him through them? I am glad to see him wanting to learn our trade.

I'm not sure how good of a teacher I am. I know I suck at trying to teach grown men how to do simple stuff.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains,however improbable, must be the truth"
PtMowerMech

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:40 pm

First thing to teach is to:

Don't say you don't know something and drop it there but instead to say I find out the answer and get with the person that asked the question. And don't be afraid to ask for help when needed.

Also no question is stupid if you truely don't know the answer and you need the info.

As for teaching I got that experience in my second year of electronics at tech school when I was called upon to teach first year students while the teacher was grading my work. I was having to make up PE credit that failed in the 9th grade so I had switch first year class time even through I was still taking second year classes.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bobodu » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:55 am

RoyM wrote:Can you guide him through them? I am glad to see him wanting to learn our trade.

First thing I tell them is to learn plumbing....learn something that makes a living.
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:30 am

Even then Bob they are always attaching a drain to your wallet. :lol: Some cities have laws passed where you got to have a plumber to even change out a simple water faucet.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum