• Advertisement

Jonsred 52E Carb kit?

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Jonsred 52E Carb kit?

Postby jwales » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:01 pm

I have a Jonsred 52E in good shape. Hand me down from my dad. It ran fine last year, not this year. It will start and idle after warm up but will die trying to go to full throttle. Upon further inspection notice fuel lines were rotting. Replacing the fuel lines also going to run the carb through USC. I would like to buy a carb kit for it as long as it is apart. Can’t figure out if or what kit I need. It is a Tillotson carb. I can only find two locations with a number stamped and they are difficult to read. One is - HS21D922. The S and D seem a little suspect to me. The second stamping appears to be a C with an M inside it followed by a 6.
Any help on the correct carb rebiuld kit would be appreciated.
jwales
Guide

Advertisement

Re: Jonsred 52E Carb kit?

Postby bgsengine » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:33 pm

You have a HS-21D carb, Kit would probably be RK23HS or RK21HS or something like that . pretty common.. most tillotson cubes you see will likely be either HS or HU (the HU is much smaller) there's a few others, but most common ones to see will be HS or HU in chainsaws..
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Re: Jonsred 52E Carb kit?

Postby RoyM » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:45 pm

The repair kit is p/n RK23HS, diaphragm and gasket kit which is likely all you need is DG5HS
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum