• Advertisement

Choosing electric start engine

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Choosing electric start engine

Postby dennis » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:21 pm

I have the following recoil start only engine on my log splitter.....B&S Mod 215802, Type 0114-E1, Code 050726ZA. I want to replace it with an electric start (or electric/recoil start) engine. There are no accessories that require AC or DC power. The only requirement would be to charge the battery. I need help determining what alternator output I would need, and whether or not a regulator would be required to keep from over charging the battery. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, any information regarding what model engine with electric start that would directly replace the original engine would be appreciated.
dennis
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Choosing electric start engine

Postby RoyM » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:04 pm

A 215907-0114 should be a direct bolt on, it has a 12 volt starter and charging system. Run the charge wire to the positive battery post
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Re: Choosing electric start engine

Postby bobodu » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:54 am

Anything could work with a cheap solar charger...don't have to start it for weeks to charge the battery either..
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to Technical Discussion Forum