• Advertisement

Toro Snowblower Recall notice

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Toro Snowblower Recall notice

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:00 am

Normally I post this like this but this time extreme weather with snow about everywhere it might be important to give a heads up.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/19/us/toro-snow-blower-recall-amputation-hazard-trnd/index.html
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Toro Snowblower Recall notice

Postby RoyM » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:56 am

More than a few have been seriously hurt trying to clear a clogged chute or jammed auger. Shut the engine off!
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:10 pm

The problem is Roy we can't make things idiot proof. Many people don't even have their brain in operating mode.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Skywatcher » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:36 pm

Hi KE4 and Roy

Before operator presence levers were introduced onto lawn mowers, there were cases where a couple of fellows decided it would be a good idea to use a lawn mower to trim the top of a hedge. With the lawn mower running, both grabbed the mower by the edge of the deck. Zing! there went 16 fingers. I had one customer who figured the safety warning labels should be removed from all power equipment and let nature run its course. I wouldn't be long before there weren't any stupid operators left. It's amazing how quickly a person learns when physical pain is the teacher. All the best,

Sky
A person who sees Quality and feels it as he works is a person who cares.
A person who cares about what he sees and does is a person who's bound to have some characteristics of Quality.
Robert M. Pirsig. (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)
Skywatcher
Forum Pro

Location: Southern Alberta. Where the wheatlands meet the Range.

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:35 pm

Yes people do things without thinking. A customer with helpers was unloading a rider here a few years ago. The rider's deck hung on the tailgate. The customer started to grab the deck to unhang it when I quickly grab his hands as I seen the blades turning. At first it spooked him because I grabbed him but when I showed him what danger he was in he thanked me. I made the operator shut down the rider and we manually unloaded it. Someone had installed the wrong deck belt.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum