• Advertisement

Unique problem with Husqvarna 141

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Unique problem with Husqvarna 141

Postby SUKI » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:01 pm

Boy I ran into an unique problem with a Husqvarna 141 chainsaw. I was repairing it for fuel related problem IE carburetor. Once I got it running it ran fine for about 10 minutes during the tune up then all sudden a big puff of smoke and it died. Everytime I pull the cord it puff out smoke.

Well while checking for the root cause I notice the plastic cover was extra hot so I pull it and was going to do a compression test as it felt low on compression. Low and behold I found the problem as soon as I went to remove the spark plug. It was loose as a goose but not in the normal way. The plug assembly itself was so loose that the only way it could fire was against the metal shell as there was nearly .200+ clearance between the tip and the normal tip contact. Otherwords the plug ceramic piece was loose in the metal shell. I have never seen this before. Champion RCJ8Y
SUKI
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Advertisement

Re: Unique problem with Husqvarna 141

Postby bgsengine » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:17 pm

Ive seen a few.. including one that actually blew the ceramic body out through the plastic cover (part way) while it was running full throttle... shell was still threaded tightly in (though I think maybe too tight..) - Over-tightening a plug can cause that to happen.. but only ones I ever saw do that were Champion (or el-cheapo aftermarket off0brands) or Autolite ... Also had one where the plug , threads and all, blew right out of the head (overheating on a K321 Kohler, head got soft and threads came out with the plug)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Re: Unique problem with Husqvarna 141

Postby SUKI » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:30 am

May be that why I have been switching over to mainly NGK plugs with a few smaller Bosch plugs. I hear about too many problems with Champions. It doesn't hurts that I got a couple NGK distributors either. Just to remember to add cross reference (subs) to the inventory files (SKUs).
SUKI
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to Technical Discussion Forum