• Advertisement

Colman gen engine reuse

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Colman gen engine reuse

Postby wobbedennis » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:05 am

I did, it used NO oil. I had no reason to suspect the rings of being bad from the donor engine. it had great compression, and like I said earlier, it burned no oil. It might be the block being worn, I didn't mic it out. I just slapped it together, and called it good. It's not going to be a hard working engine, so Like I said, I am not going to worry over it.
wobbedennis
Forum Regular

Postby wobbedennis » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:16 am

But there is something that is bothering me, There's a ticking sound coming from the engine. I cannot find out where from, It's not a rod knock, it sounds like it's coming from the top of the engine, not to mention the other engine didn't make any unusual noises, and prior to the rebuild, the engine also made no unusual noises. I pulled the shroud off, and the flywheel isn't making any contact with anything, and I pulled the head, and I saw a touch of polished aluminum on the head, but I saw no signs of piston contact, and the engine turns over with no deterrence like it's hitting any thing. I don't know what else would cause it.
wobbedennis
Forum Regular

Postby bgsengine » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:57 am

exhaust gasket leak can create a ticking sound, so can excessive valve clearance.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum