• Advertisement

Troy Bilt 2016 13WM77KS011 deck

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Troy Bilt 2016 13WM77KS011 deck

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:29 am

Just wondering if anyone has seen the LH idler pulley mount broken out. This the newer style deck where they change the Idler pulley mount. I repaired one Saturday that just hanging by a thread. Don't appear to rust damage just appears to be metal fatigue from stress. Well anyway I re-welded things as close back the original location as I could get it. Repainted the area with rust resistant paint. If it does it again then I would either add a re-enforcing plate or replace the deck shell.

Customer also changed the fuel filter which lead to the carburetor leaking. Two possible causes here. 1> trash was found in the fuel bowl and 2> fuel solenoid was slightly loose by a half thread. Cleaned the fuel bowl and tighten the solenoid and no leaks overnight on that Ruixing carburetor. BTW the fuel solenoid uses a 12mm double flat instead of the 1/2" (13mm) version on the Nikki and Walbro carbs.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Troy Bilt 2016 13WM77KS011 deck

Postby Gerry » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:55 am

I've seen 2 this year and both had failed due to being rusted out. Mowers were around 5 years old best I can recollect.
Gerry
Guide

Re: Troy Bilt 2016 13WM77KS011 deck

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:25 am

That was what I expected but it was not the case here.

Update: While I was preparing to install the repaired deck I decide to the spindle bearings out of caution. Good thing they were noisy. Well it was a pain to get the shaft out the RH one, I actually ended up destroying it. Spacer was rusted solid. I couldn't use my bearing separator as I had sent it forcing screw to the machine shop so machinist could match my new cross bar to it. Designing an electric PTO clutch puller. I need one that have up to 9" spread and down to 5" , plus I need puller arms that can grab about 3/4" inbound. I found nothing commercially available out there. The strength of the arms is going to be my main problem but I will work it out as I use the tool. Just so tired try to get off stuck on PTO clutches. Got to be an easier way than having to cut them off just because of a little rust.

RH top bearing was failing but it was the LH spindle that had a completely failed lower bearing; balls went everywhere. It probably is what cause the idler pulley mount to break out or at least it help make things worst.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum